Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Blessed



This was shared with my husband
from his army buddy the other day.

I want to share this with you as well.

When I
say that 'I am a Christian', I am not shouting that 'I am clean living.
I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I
say 'I am a Christian', I don't speak of this with pride.
 I'm
confessing that I stumble and need Christ
to be my guide. 

When I
say 'I am a Christian', I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say
'I am a Christian', I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean up my mess.
 

When I say
'I am a Christian', I'm not claiming to be perfect. My
flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I
say 'I am a Christian', I still feel the sting of pain.
 I have
my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I
say 'I am a Christian', I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's grace.

Be Blessed, Be a Blessing. 

When you feel like you're drowning in life, don't
worry -- your Lifeguard walks on water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment